- Are you an energetic and team-oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
- Do you have a proven ability to supervise processes as well as activities and tasks?
- Do have a demonstrated ability and desire to succeed, grow, learn, and apply new skills?
- Do you have a proven record to motivate, engage, coach, and communicate with team members?
- Do you have a demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and lead change?
TGI Direct is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of direct marketing and fulfillment professionals. We are seeking a full time Operations Manager to assist in leading our order fulfillment operations in our Ann Arbor location.
Provide operational leadership to individual contributors and hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, organizing, and receiving various product types into inventory on a timely basis, kitting, and pick and pack in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Supervises most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to written warning level. Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings as necessary.
- Establish and sustain that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives
- Establish and sustain that performance standards are communicated that are specific and measurable
- Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire when necessary
- Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance standards and provide coaching and counseling to associates
- Motivate and engage associates by focusing on team accomplishments and recognition
- Ensure location connectivity and collaboration with headquarters
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of people and equipment
- Build an operation that is capable of exceeding KPI’s, increasing volume and producing a profit
- Sustain TGI’s culture through actively developing people, delegating work, communicating fundamentals and monitoring performance as well as motivating, recognizing and rewarding individuals and teams
- Supervise fulfillment operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, and proper documentation and procedure control
- Conduct regular team meetings
- Conduct regular inventory counts
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch operations. Assist in new associate training
- Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift
- Have a thorough working knowledge of TGI’s systems to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Demonstration of adherence to ISO or equivalent process and quality assurance strongly desired
- Ensure compliance with financial policies & procedures such as tracking inventory, returns, damages, etc.
- Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability
- Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets
Growth / Customer Experience
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are aligned with the Company’s safety strategy
- Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Conduct safety observations
- Understand customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
- Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives
- Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts
- Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Work with vendors to ensure both equipment and the facility are clean and maintained
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 5 years related functional experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a fork lift required
- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to actively listen are required
- Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions both independently & collaboratively
- Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, OMS/WMS experience a must.
- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility to run the operation with a sense of urgency
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel to Flint headquarters as necessary, work the required schedule, work weekends and after hours when needed, work at the Ann Arbor location required, and submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history)
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
TGI Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TGI Direct is a direct marketing and fulfillment company located in Flint, Michigan and Ann Arbor, Michigan. TGI has 90 employees and provides data, print, direct mail, and value-added fulfillment, to enterprise organizations nationally. TGI primarily focuses in the areas of Healthcare, Education, and Marketing organizations. Check us out at http://www.tgidirect.com. Follow us on Linked In.