Data Processing Specialist
TGI Direct is looking for a passionate, experienced lover of data with strong attention to detail and a background of desktop publishing experience. The successful candidate will review, prepare, cleanse, and analyze data to prepare it for digital & print publishing requirements. He/She will also turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Print Fulfillment Specialist responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing and monitoring incoming data from various clients. The specialist will ensure the accuracy and the consistency of the data in preparation for processing by production or for other software uses. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Convert client data from various formats (Excel, ASCII and/or text delimiter, etc.) to import into company systems for use in mailings and as part of a client’s database
- Assist clients with data integration
- Working with the technical time to script and execute various queries as needed or requested by management or clients. This position will:
- Review data manually and via databases to look for inconsistencies, errors, and omissions.
- Assist developers to extract, transform, and load data between same or disparate systems
- Generate production reports, pivot tables and other ad-hoc reports as specified for each client
- Run file import/export routines and creating scheduled jobs to serve data needs of users
- Ensure data in/out quality control (i.e. count reporting, review, and comparisons)
- Be responsible for occasional development of utilities to improve existing processes and development to accommodate new client requests and system features
- Work with internal teams to establish standard operating and support procedures and maintain job specific workflows and data processes documentation
- Attend and participate in client and internal meetings as needed
- Experience with desktop publishing processes.
- Print production and/or print fulfillment experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must be available for a flexible work schedule to accommodate clients on advertising deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and have a team player mentality
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be thoroughly computer literate and able to learn new software and applications quickly
- Familiarity regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Familiarity with programs such as Pageflex, PlanetPress, Adobe Creative Suite, FoxPro and SQL are all pluses.
- BS or equivalent experience in Marketing or Computer Experience is preferred.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Immediate openings available now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.